Backlinks are a key factor in getting your website to rank as high as possible on search engines. The term backlink is used to describe when other websites linking to your website. While getting quality backlinks might seem simple, it’s much harder than you think. Here are 7 simple ways to build quality backlinks to your website on the web.
7 Ways to Build Backlinks to Your Website
- Infographics aren’t just great for driving organic traffic to your website. These pictures are a popular method for creating valuable backlinks on high-ranking websites. The demand for infographics continues to rise, so investing in content and infographic creation is a worthy pursuit for sites searching for backlinks.
- Do you have a blog on your website? Hosting guest articles in exchange for your blogs appearing elsewhere is another excellent way to build quality links to your website. You will have the opportunity to get your quality content in front of new readers, increasing brand awareness, and drive traffic to your site. Not sure where to find blogs accepting contributions? Search for an industry keyword and “write for us,” “guest posts” or “submit an article.”
- One of the most popular methods for building backlinks is known as the broken link method. This method involves looking for broken links on websites that rank higher on Google than yours and contacting the webmaster to suggest a replacement link that directs to relevant content on your website. Since you are doing a favor by reporting the link, in many cases the webmaster will replace the link with your suggested link.
- Does your website utilize internal links? Internal links are the backbone of every successful website and blog. With the right internal links, you will encourage browsers to spend more time on your website and offer a better user experience. The more internal links that your site has, the more effective your backlinks will be.
- If you aren’t currently promoting your content, it will be very tough to get any traffic in the first place. Make sure that you are promoting your digital content in a variety of places, including blogs that run weekly link roundups, on social media and to webmasters for other sites.
- If you use a number of websites as a business, write testimonials for the websites that you are utilizing. With only a few minutes of your time, you can earn a link from a high-ranking website as long as you are a legitimate customer.
- What do you have to share with the world? Interviews and podcasts are another simple way to get noticed online and build more backlinks. Over time, you could become an expert in your niche (which will help with traffic even more!).
Leave Your Digital Marketing to My Content Co
My Content Co knows how to create fast, engaging and effective websites, just like you know how to grow your small business. We specialize in creating websites, blogs, social media posts and newsletters that are consistent with your brand.
Partner with us to see real growth from your content marketing. Visit us online or contact us today at 410-324-3934 to get started.